Thursday, October 6, 2011

Warning: Promo Sales Ahead!

Dsc00283
In the photo above, my cat Orfeo (italian name for Orpheus) in a curious pose (to say the least)!

What's about the promo sales in the title? Well, the game engine I used for all my recent manga games, Ren'Py, got a big update recently, improving the speed, compatibility and adding the DirectX support (requires DX9 installed though).

So I am slowly rebuilding all the games I've developed with it in the past years. The first one to be updated was Heileen 1, the first visual novel I developed myself. For each game update, I'll have the game on sale at very big discount, with the idea that many people will buy it and report eventual problems (there really shouldn't be any, but you never know!)

As I'm rebuilding the games I am also adding some small features, like for example I added the infamous relationship bar (see the image below) that was missing on the first two Heileen games.

I'm also going to switch all the old one to the new popular online activation, with the exception of big games with voices like Heileen 2 or Bionic Heart (which would require demos of over 100mb, and it's a bit too much!).

Newheileen
To buy the game for only 4.99, simply head to the game purchase page. You don't need any code, but be careful since the offer expires next sunday!

What other games I will update? well, all of them, but I'm taking it slowly, so not more than one every week or better every 10-15 days. The next ones I have scheduled are Heileen 2, then will be the turn of Bionic Heart, Flower Shop, and so on.

The best way to know when the promotional sale is on is to follow me on Twitter or Facebook, since I announce the offers there first, while I update the blog only once a week.

Apart the promotional sales, I'm working hard on the various games in progress: I've written half of the 100 scenes for Heileen 3, the RPG framework for Loren RPG is at good point, and I got new art and ending images for Planet Stronghold: Warzone and Undead Lily.

And, "sometimes before Christmas", Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook will finally be released (we decided to add a bonus extra scene to compensate the long wait!).

No comments:

Post a Comment