Friday, February 10, 2012

Frozen development!

Img_1517
In the image above, the view from my office window!!!

The title is a joke but explains well my current situation. I'm working on several games, mainly Loren RPG, and every 2-3 hours I go outside with temperatures ranging from -4°C to 10°C (even during the day) to shovel an incredible amount of snow!

It has been snowing since the first days of February, and this situation HAS slowed down considerably my development, since beside the time spent shoveling, when I get back to work I'm exhausted :D

Anyway, I got almost all the items artwork for Loren, and hopefully by next weekend I'll have it all. Code-wise we added some more features, like the possibility to randomize a bit each vendor. So the items on sale will change through the course of the story, based on your progresses and the current equipment you have.

Also, each vendor has a specific "lore": the human town of Grimoire is specialized in heavy blade and armors, while in the capitol of the Elves, Grandtree, you can find many excellent bows and magic items.

Not only RPGs!

But progresses are being made also in other games, in particular Heileen 3 and Amber's Magic Shop. For Heileen 3, I got a bunch of sketches for all the ending images, and I can assure you that some are VERY interesting...! The writing is also at a good stage, the writer reached the 60th scene, so more than half is finished!

Now admire an image of Morgan in a more casual outfit. What do you think, girls? ;)

Morgansexy

I must also say that even if the writer isn't a native English speaker (so had to ask a friend to proofread the script) her writing is really very funny, and perfect for Heileen 3 mood. I laughed lots of times reading some of the scenes she wrote, in particular those with Juliet and John :)

For Amber instead I got already the lineart of many of the characters. As I said, I was lucky to be able to hire Loren's artist again, and the results are great. They're still uncolored, so for now will just post an image of Vin, the witch and adoptive mother of Amber:

Vin
I really like her "floreal dress" :) but even the other characters are all quite cute. Once I have the finished colored images will post more previews!

No comments:

Post a Comment