Friday, July 6, 2012

Nicole’s cast: Darren Beville

This week is the turn of the last character, Darren Beville, who is the typical shy guy. However I think he looks cute:

Darrenbeville
In the game, Nicole's outgoing personality will help him to become more open about his problems and who knows, maybe he might help you solve the mystery, in a way or in another ;)

The first encounter with him is definitely not the best, and Chandra warns you about some rumors she heard (excerpt from the game):

    "I let out a sigh as I gathered all of my math books and shoved them into my bag. I looked over to the boy at the desk beside mine, who remained silent but looked equally tired."
    Nicole "Hey there. That any of that crap make sense to you?"
    "I asked the question casually with a weary smile, but he only glanced at me for a moment before shaking his head and looking away."
    Nicole "I always did all my homework back in high school, but this is all pretty confusing. It’s such a big step up from what I studied in my last math class...even the notes look like a foreign language."
    "The young man shrugged as he finished putting his books away and stood up."
    "What’s up with this guy?"
    "Even when I was younger, I didn’t meet guys who acted this quiet..."
    Nicole "Uh...are you going to say anything to me? I was only trying to be friendly."
    "He only glanced at me again before his gaze fell to the floor."
    Nicole "Hey, did the cat get your tongue or something?"
    "I smiled jovially while asking the question, but he still wouldn’t look up at me."
    Darren "That’s a rather old fashioned phrase."
    Nicole "It got you to speak up though! Old doesn’t necessarily mean useless."
    "He smiled slightly as he stood up from his desk."
    Darren "Just study extra, you’ll do fine in the class."
    Nicole "Why, thank you for imparting such profound and rare advice. I don’t think I ever would have thought of that in all my years of experience."
    "He didn’t laugh or frown at my sarcasm and simply walked away."
    "...Maybe I came off sounding rude?"
    "Or he’s not the type to take a joke..."
    "Either way, he seems kinda unfriendly..."
    "After the class ended, I hurried to catch up with Chandra on the way back to my dorm."
    Nicole "Hey, Chandra!"
    "She looked up and smiled cheerfully when she saw me."
    Chandra "What’s up?"
    Nicole "I wanted to know if you knew anything about that guy who sits behind me in our math class...he’s so quiet, he seemed kinda unfriendly. I tried talking to him, but he barely said a thing to me then didn’t even bother saying goodbye."
    Chandra "Ah...I think I know who you’re talking about."
    Nicole "He’s pretty cute, just so...standoffish."
    Chandra "Yeah, that’s Darren. I don’t really know him since he’s so shy, but he doesn’t really talk to anyone."
    Nicole "That’s strange...especially for someone his age."
    Chandra "It is. Some people think he’s hiding something."
    Nicole "I suppose that’s possible...what kind of rumors are drifting around about him?"
    "Chandra shrugged."
    Chandra "There aren’t a lot with facts behind them since he doesn’t really have any friends that I’ve seen. Some people think he was raised abroad or something and that English is his second language."
    Nicole "And what kind of factuality is behind that...?"
    Chandra "None that I know of, it’s just a guess at why he’s so quiet. You should probably be careful around him though, you never know what someone like that is thinking about."
    Nicole "Yeah, you’re right...he seemed harmless enough though."
    Chandra "Still, there’s a line between shy and suspicious. I wouldn’t want to try finding it."
    Nicole "Mmm..."
    Chandra "Anyway, I have to go get to cheerleading practice. I’ll see you tonight though."
    Nicole "’Kay, see you then!"

That's it for this week, can't reveal more about this character since would be spoilers ;) The cast review for Nicole is now complete. Next week hope to give good news about Loren's expansion and other stuff going on...!

No comments:

Post a Comment