Friday, August 3, 2012

Castle Of N'Mar expansion is available on preorder!

The expansion

In case you missed the announcement in my newsletter last week, the Castle Of N'Mar, the expansion to my RPG Loren The Amazon Princess, is available to preorder here. For a limited time, until the expansion is officially released, the price will be of only $7.99.

I know what the next question is: when it will get released? Well, at the time I sent out the newsletter last weekend, I didn't really know so I said sometimes in August. Now, I got the last missing art piece and the texts/scripting is at a very good point, so I could even dare to say that an indicative date might be mid-August (for the beta version of course).

The expansion turned out to be much longer than expected, with 60,000 words of story and several new zones, enemies, quests, and so on. However we tried to experiment with some non-linear gameplay: some of the quests can be solved in several different ways, so you might not see all the possible outcomes on the first attempt (unless you save before each choice, of course!). So the game length might appear shorter than what I said, but is because there are multiple choices!

The sequel sneak peek

I know sounds odd to be talking about the sequel which will be out next year, but I just got some images of the characters that will be present and I absolutely wanted to show them:

One is Rei in a more sexy pose, the other is Breza who was a secondary character in the first game, but will have a much bigger role in the sequel ;) For those interested, Rei is GxB only while Breza is GxG only (being a true Amazon...). There are of course more characters for all possible love combos.

I won't talk more about the sequel since there will be time for that! I just wanted to show you the new coloring style that will be used in the sequel, comparing the "old image" with the new one.

Codesign crazyness

As of July 25, the new Mac OS "Mountain Lion" is out. If you have installed it, none of my mac games will run by default (and I suspect those of thousands other indies).

While I believe I found a solution to codesign the apps, for now know that you can just turn off the infamous "Gatekeeper" in the System Preferences and play my games just fine, knowing you're safe like you were before, since my games are indeed clean of trojans/virus/spywares :)

To turn it off, open System Preferences, then click on Security & Privacy, and in General tab click Allow applications downloaded from: Anywhere.

I'm honestly not sure how many people have upgraded to the new MacOS yet, but in the next months I'm going to reupload all my games signed and updated with the new Ren'Py version that will include a much practical autoupdater!

Meanwhile if you also want to test if my codesigning works, I uploaded a signed app here: http://www.winterwolves.net/SpiritedHeartTrial.zip

No comments:

Post a Comment