Friday, August 31, 2012

Heileen 3 will be coming this Autumn

Heileen3cast
Or at least that's the plan! :)

I was undecided until the last time if to use the new Monkeycoder engine, or stick with the good old Ren'Py. In the end, I realized that even using the Monkeycoder engine would still require me to learn a new language and right now I really don't have time to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get my games on iOS too someday, but it has been a very tiring year so far, and I want to relax. I find Ren'Py much more powerful than Monkeycoder to prototype anyway, so I can always port the game later once is done.

So I started working on Heileen 3 a few days ago. As you know, the plot is all finished (at least the otome part) but it still needs all the scripting (placing sprites) and also is missing a good amount of backgrounds, which will commission soon.

So depending how faster the background artist will work, and how faster I'll script the scenes, the game might be out around this Autumn. It's not an official date, more what I hope to achieve! It would be great because the first Heileen game was out in October 4 years ago and releasing the third chapter would be a good way to celebrate the anniversary!

Meanwhile, if you are curious about Loren's expansion official release date, you'll be pleased to hear that The Castle Of N'Mar (that's the name of the expansion) will be very likely ready very soon (probably mid-September). The testing so far is doing well and there are only some minor bugs left.

To know more, check this thread in my forums: http://www.winterwolves.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2622

A final note, Steam Greenlight has opened and if you're one of those people who emailed me asking why my games aren't on Steam, now you can vote for them to appear. I submitted some games and will try to submit all the one I have made during next week: http://steamcommunity.com/id/winterwolves/myworkshopfiles/?section=greenlight

No comments:

Post a Comment